Monday 23 January 2012

Experimentation



I did this piece to represent how the truth can lost through the grapevine. I had been researching the media empire of Rupert Murdoch (before the newspaper scandal kicked off). The writing was a personification of the truth calling out to us readers. I chose envelopes to print on to show the amount of attempts the author 'truth' had tried to seek out the reader. We are to assume the reader ignores truth by opening the envelopes and doesn't respond.
Letters sewed together and Silkscreen print. 


This was inspired from Menena Cottin's 'The black book of colour' which was a narrative illustrated with braille for the blind. The flower-like image is a bullet hole, supposedly housed in the head of the viewer. My reasoning behind this was; We go through life unknowing of our demise, which is why I chose the image to be all black.
Silkscreen print.

Inspired from the Marvel characters Eternity, Infinity and Oblivion. Coming from the Silver Surfer arc.
Bleach painting on denim.

This is a series of prints and a painting I've done. All in the attempt of finding the most aesthetically pleasing medium to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment